2014 Conference on Big Data from Space (BiDS '14)
One of the most important event in 2014 in Earth Observation was the 2014 Conference on Big Data from Space (BiDS '14), jointly organized by the European Space Agency, SatCen and JRC in ESRIN< Frascati, Italy, in 12-14 November. The conference addressed topics like:
- Architectures, infrastructures and platforms for big data;
- Data access, storage and processing paradigms;
- High performance computing; data mining and knowledge discovery;
- Data visualization and analytics;
- Data assimilation;
- Multi-temporal analysis;
- Global geospatial information.
In this context, ASRC presented the results of ESPOSS project within the dedicated poster session. This gave ASRC scientists the opportunity to promote the dedicated Black Sea platform within the scientific community, and to address and discuss topics of interest for the future development of the platform.
More information on the conference: http://congrexprojects.com/2014-events/BigDatafromSpace/introduction.